Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day 6

I hope that Day 6 is the worst Punkin Day of this Punkin Growin'. I really goofed. I woke up, and about 3 minutes later I was in the garden with the idea of transferring my seeds/seedlings to the raised garden in back.

Not so bad, right?

Well, it got bad when I had the bright idea to somehow dump the dirt/mud that had the seeds in it upside down into one hand, then turn it back right-side up into a hole in the raised garden soil.

This was perfect in theory, and the opposite in practice.

It broke apart, and I didn't even recover all of the seeds.

I replanted 6 seeds, and could not find the rest.

I'm assuming they didn't vaporize, so I spread about a half-inch to an inch of soil over the top of the disaster area and watered it.

I know where 6 pumpkin sprouts should come up and a general area where 4 might, hopefully come up.

Cinco de Mayo is Japanese for "Death to Punkins"

3 comments:

  1. What did you do on day 5?

    Nothing? That will cost you the contest.

    Matthew ate one of my seeds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Day 5 the seeds were sprouting. I noticed during my disaster this morning that they had small sprouts. I also thought it was a little chilly to put them in the ground yesterday. I'm glad to hear Matt is on my side! If he could just take out 3 more of your seeds...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 3 sprouts, but our tiller is broken. What to do, what to do...

    ReplyDelete