Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 46

The cloning begins. Going with Vine-Burying-Cutting for now. I couldn't make myself cut and go the root-hormone route.. not til things get a bit bigger. Besides, I killed every tomato clipping that I tried that on. I'm also starting to think I can get more plants this way anyhow -- I did not realize that pumpkin plants tend to drop roots so readily.

I'm hoping that by using containers in this way that is becomes a relatively painless process to transplant. Now the trick is to figure out when to cut & transplant.











3 comments:

  1. Wowee!!

    I think one of mine is succumbing to horse uric acid or something. Or...maybe lack of water. Who knows?

    FYI, I thin U. Paul is on the hunt for the largest Punkin. Why else would he be harboring ONE plant in a 30'x30' plot??

    And he tells me nothing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's an easy one. It has nothing to do with the largest pumpkin. Paul is just nuts. However, he might also end up with the largest pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, I'd say about 4% of my leaves are dead. Something has made them sick or has eaten them to the point that they have turned brown. It seems to be the ones closest to the ground. However, the others are growing fast enough it doesn't seem to matter much. I know Matt had some issues with his wilting

    ReplyDelete